Pages

Monday, November 22, 2010

Wedding Cupcakes!

Wow, so planning a wedding, being a Mom, and blogging.. I had to choose one to put on hold, and luckily for the kids, I chose blogging ;) But I'm back in the real world now, and so excited to get you all caught up!

Along with the DIY theme of things, I chose to bake 200 cupcakes all by myself. Lucky for me, I have a dual oven so it made the process fly. We were going to order a nice elaborate cake for the top but we ran out of time. So we picked up a chocolate cake from the grocery store that morning, and put the topper right smack dab on the top. And boy was that a great idea! I loved the topper my Mom picked out. It showed up at my door only a couple days before the wedding, and I must admit, I was a little skeptical of my Mom's vision. But it really worked out great.








I should also mention here that my mom MADE that cupcake stand! Isn't it amazing?! She took plywood, material, pvc pipe, and that fancy ribbon stuff and made miracles. She's amazing.

And a big thanks to another amazing person, Ms. Latimer. One of my Groomsmen recruited his Mom to frost all 200 cupcakes while I got ready for the wedding.



And thanks to the great people at our favorite candy store, Smeeks, we were able to find the perfectly mismatched cupcake liners. And thanks to all of my wonderful bridesmaids, we were able to get them decorated! I found the awesome, easy recipes on BettyCrocker's website. I chose "Pink Champagne Cupcakes", which I found here and "Key Lime Cupcakes", which I found here. Tons of compliments, everyone loved them.

Photo Courtesy of Chadwick Fowler

Photo Courtesy of Stephane Mijuskovic







No comments:

Post a Comment