Pages

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Much to do, much to do!

17 days?!? Oh. Em. Geeee  
I have a bit to get done still, but I think I'm doing okay.
I'm really nervous to stand in front of so many people. As of now, it looks like there will be 130 people in attendance! The hardest part so far was getting the rsvps. I called, emailed, texted, and went to houses for rsvps. But in the end, it is definitely worth it. Everyone knows they are welcome and wanted.

Here is a little preview to my ideas.

This is how the seating will look. It's not assigned, so there are no name tags. I figure a lot of people will be seeing family they haven't seen in a long time. I'd like them all to be able to sit near people they enjoy.

I'm using mason jars for all the glasses. Those will be set on top of the napkins that my wonderful Groom cut himself. I found the wooden spoons and forks through Ecoware Biodegradables and also through The Web Restaurant store. http://www.webstaurantstore.com/
The super cool retro straws were not very expensive at all. I found them here

I really loved the idea of the straws from the beginning. I thought they added a great touch without adding waste. I'm a big reuser, so as minimal as possible is great for me, and for those extras, I like them to be recycled. Here is a great blog I found for inspiration.
She uses pastel straws, which are really pretty.

We are almost done with the napkins. Justin says he will cut the rest for me on Wednesday. He's such a trooper <3

My second big project is the aisle runner. I have traced the letters, and gotten only a couple lines of words painted. When finished, it will read
"A Journey of a Thousand Miles Begins with one Step"
That is the inscription on Justin's temporary band that I bought him a few months ago.
Here is my progress so far


Other than that, I don't have too much left to diy. I'll keep you posted on the Groomsmen favors that I'm putting together. They are looking great, you will love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment