Pages

Friday, February 19, 2010

Wedding Websites

So I joined 2 different planning websites and I like them for different reasons.
theknot.com -
lots of funding for this site, so there are lots of options and little details. On my guest list, I can add the addresses. I like that. At first, I liked all the different links on the site. But after perusing some more, I realized that they are all "wedding sites" which translates to way overpriced, unnecessary stuff. No, I don't need little metal Ms sitting on each table. Because I've gotten one of those before and felt so bad when I threw it away because it didn't match anything in my house, and it collected dust. Also, in the "notebook" I can't make my own notes. I have to choose one of their listed vendors. Like for photographer, I can't type in "frenchy" because that's the guy that's doing it, and he's not listed in there, he's just a good friend.
WeddingWire.com -
I really like this site, but it doesn't let me save the addresses. So I just put them in the "phone number box". It's not as organized as theknot, but it does let me make my own notes. I like the intro to the website too. It has this little flash page that comes up and you have to hit "enter". I think that's cute.

So I still haven't decided which one I'm going to use. I'm kinda leaning more toward theknot just b/c I kinda like the design of the website a little better, even though it doesn't have the intro. For now, I'm entering everything in to both sites and I'll decide later which website I will tell everyone about.

No comments:

Post a Comment